Saturday 14 November 2015

Activity Pointer and Activity Type Code in CRM 2011/2013/2015

CRM has lots of different activities

1) Phone Call
2) Task
3) Letter
4) Email
5) Appointment
6) Fax
7) Custom Activities

 
In CRM, all the activities are saved in ActivityPointer table. This way, we can retrieve all activities with one request instead of multiple transactions.
 
Whenever you create an activity record in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, a corresponding activity pointer record is created. This implies that the activity record and the corresponding activity pointer record have the same value for the ActivityId attribute. For example, if you create an Email record, the attribute values of Email.ActivityId and the corresponding ActivityPointer.ActivityId will be the same.
 
We can differentiate the activities by Activity Type Code.

Value
Label
4201
Appointment
4202
Email
4204
Fax
4206
Case Resolution
4207
Letter
4208
Opportunity Close
4209
Order Close
4210
Phone Call
4211
Quote Close
4212
Task
4214
Service Activity
4251
Recurring Appointment
4401
Campaign Response
4402
Campaign Activity
4406
Bulk Operation

Hope this helps.
 
--
Happy CRM'ing
Gopinath

5 comments:

  1. I have read many article here and learn many things from that, this was really helpful for me. Thank you so much for sharing this info with us and share your ideas with us.
    CRM Software in Dubai
    CRM Software
    CRM Software in UAE
    CRM Software for Small Business

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone wants to get unique place in the IT industry’s for that you need to upgrade your skills, your blog helps me improvise my skill set to get good career, keep sharing your thoughts with us.

    Quoting & Invoicing Software

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. crm software for small business

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. CRM for small business

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. sales engagement platform

    ReplyDelete