Things to be followed when Outlook is not able to connect CRM
First, try accessing Web CRM and if you are able to access it, follow the below steps to connect CRM in Outlook.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM processes and records may create and store files in a temporary cache. When updates occur, software may still be referencing some of these old files in cache, which can cause various issues. The same can be true for the Microsoft Dynamics Outlook client and the need to clear the cache periodically.
Note: Often a user’s Outlook could be open for days without ever closing (even if workstation is hibernating). Due to the long duration, sometimes the CRM client may stop syncing. The diagnostics tool can help resolve issues stemming from that.
Many simple issues can be resolved by clearing out the temporary cache for Dynamics CRM. Things like:
- CRM stops syncing
- CRM ribbon buttons are disabled and not usable
- Lists of records do not display properly
- Outlook won’t load
How to Clear the Temporary Files for Dynamics CRM
To open the Diagnostics Utility, follow these steps:
- Open the Start Menu.
- Click All Programs.
- Click Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
- Click on the Diagnostics utility.
To delete the temporary CRM files, follow these steps in the Diagnostics utility:
- Click on the Advanced Troubleshooting tab.
- Under the heading “Delete Temporary Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client files”,click Delete.
- Click Save.
- Close and re-open your Outlook to check if the clearing of the cache resolved your problem.
This is usually the first step recommended when troubleshooting Microsoft Dynamics CRM Outlook add-in problems.