Thursday 13 August 2015

Visio Open Group and Close Group

Hi,
 
We use Groups in Visio for grouping the things. Sometime, we might need to edit the existing group and add it to the main diagram.
 
We can open group by right clicking and selecting Open Group but after opening the group I could not find the option to close the group. To my surprise, it took some time to find the option for me.
  
The solution is to use Switch Windows button which is there at the edge of Visio.
 
Hope this helps.
 
--
Happy Documentation
Gopinath

8 comments:

  1. This just annoyed the heck out of me. But what you really want to use if Ctrl-F4, if you actually wish to close the window and not just switch between windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ctrl-F4 is very useful. Exactly what I was looking for.
      Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much, exactly what I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks was really annoying indeed

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOM SAUCE!!! SAVED ME HRS OF AGGRAVATION

    ReplyDelete
  5. How is that a solution? You just switched windows and the group is still open?

    ReplyDelete